Publication date: 06/12/2017
Biocartis Group NV (the 'Company' or 'Biocartis'), an innovative molecular diagnostics company (Euronext Brussels: BCART), announces today in accordance with Article 14, paragraph 1 of the Belgian Act of 2 May 2007 on the disclosure of major shareholdings in issuers whose shares are admitted to trading on a regulated market (the 'Belgian Transparency Act'), that it received a transparency notification dated 4 December 2017 (the 'Notification'), indicating that as a result of the acquisition of voting securities on 29 November 2017, OppenheimerFunds, Inc. now holds 5.09% of the voting rights in Biocartis. As a result, it has crossed the notification threshold of 5%.
The Notification contains the following information:
• Reason for the Notification: Acquisition or disposal of voting securities or voting rights.
• Notification by: A person that notifies alone.
• Persons subject to the notification requirement: OppenheimerFunds, Inc., The Corporation Company, 1675 Broadway, Suite 1200, CO 80202 Denver, USA.
• Transaction date: 29 November 2017.
• Threshold that is crossed: 5%.
• Denominator: 51,069,772.
• Details of the Notification: OFI is an investment adviser registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 that provides discretionary investment management services to mutual funds and other accounts (OFI Clients). The shares of the Company are held by OFI on behalf of OFI Clients only for investment purposes. OFI holds all shares attributed to it solely in its capacity as investment adviser to OFI Clients. OFI has no economic interests (e.g. the right to dividends or proceeds from sale) in the Company's shares. OFI generally has the right to vote shares of portfolio companies held on behalf of OFI Clients.
• Chain of controlled undertakings through which the holding is effectively being held: OppenheimerFunds, Inc. is not a controlled entity.
The Notification is available here on the website of the Company.
Pursuant to the Belgian Transparency Act and the articles of association of the Company, a notification to the Company and the Belgian Financial Services and Markets Authority ('FSMA') is required by all natural and legal persons in each case where the percentage of voting rights in the Company held by such persons reaches, exceeds or falls below the threshold of 3%, 5%, 10%, and every subsequent multiple of 5%, of the total number of voting rights in the Company.
Biocartis (Euronext Brussels: BCART) is an innovative molecular diagnostics (MDx) company providing next generation diagnostic solutions aimed at improving clinical practice for the benefit of patients, clinicians, payers and industry. Biocartis' proprietary MDx Idylla(TM) platform is a fully automated sample-to-result, real-time PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) system that offers accurate, highly reliable molecular information from virtually any biological sample in virtually any setting. Biocartis launched the Idylla(TM) platform in September 2014. Biocartis is developing and marketing a rapidly expanding test menu addressing key unmet clinical needs in oncology and infectious diseases. These areas represent respectively the fastest growing and largest segments of the MDx market worldwide. Today, Biocartis offers twelve oncology tests and two infectious disease tests in Europe. More information: www.biocartis.com. Press Photo Library available here. Follow us on Twitter: @Biocartis_.