Publication date: 07/11/2017
Ablynx [Euronext Brussels and Nasdaq: ABLX] today announced, in accordance with Article 14 of the Belgian Law of 2 May 2007 regarding the publication of major shareholdings in issuers whose securities are admitted to trading on a regulated market (the "Transparency Law"), that it received a notification of shareholdings from Farallon Capital Management LLC on 3 November 2017.
Farallon Capital Management LLC notified Ablynx that as a result of an acquisition of voting securities, it has crossed the 3% threshold on 30 October 2017 and now holds 3,175,000 voting securities of Ablynx, representing 4.25% of the current 74,720,644 outstanding voting rights of Ablynx.
The notification contains the following information:
• Reason for the notification: acquisition or disposal of voting securities or voting rights
• Notification by: a person that notifies alone
• Persons subject to the notification requirement: Farallon Capital Management LLC, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington, DE 19808, USA
• Transaction date: 30 October 2017
• Threshold that is crossed: 3%
• Denominator: 74,720,644
• Details of the notification: Farallon Capital Management LLC holds 3,175,000 Ablynx shares with voting rights
• Chain of controlled undertakings through which the holding is effectively being held: Farallon Capital Management LLC is the investment manager that can exercise the voting rights at its discretion in the absence of specific instructions. Farallon Capital Management LLC is not a controlled entity.
More information is provided in the transparency notification. A full version of the transparency notification is available on Ablynx website, under the section Investors.
The Articles of the Association of Ablynx NV provide for shareholders notification threshold of 3%, 5% or a multiple of 5% of the total number of existing voting rights.
Ablynx is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of Nanobodies, proprietary therapeutic proteins based on single-domain antibody fragments, which combine the advantages of conventional antibody drugs with some of the features of small-molecule drugs. Ablynx is dedicated to creating new medicines which will make a real difference to society. Today, the Company has more than 45 proprietary and partnered programmes in development in various therapeutic areas including inflammation, haematology, immuno-oncology, oncology and respiratory disease. The Company has collaborations with multiple pharmaceutical companies including AbbVie; Boehringer Ingelheim; Eddingpharm; Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA; Merck KGaA; Novartis; Novo Nordisk; Sanofi and Taisho Pharmaceuticals. The Company is headquartered in Ghent, Belgium. More information can be found on www.ablynx.com.