Publication date: 15/11/2017
Ablynx NV [Euronext Brussels and Nasdaq: ABLX] today announced, in accordance with Article 14 of the Belgian Law of 2 May 2007 regarding the publication of major shareholdings in issuers whose securities are admitted to trading on a regulated market (the "Transparency Law"), that it received a notification of shareholdings from C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Co KG on 13 November 2017.
C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Co KG notified Ablynx that it has been passively downward crossing the lowest threshold on 27 October 2017.
The notification contains the following information:
• Reason for the notification: downward crossing of the lowest threshold; passive crossing of a threshold
• Notification by: a parent undertaking or a controlling person
• Persons subject to the notification requirement: C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Co KG, BIR&D Beteiligungs GmbH
• Date on which threshold is crossed: 27 October 2017
• Threshold that is crossed: 3%
• Denominator: 73,006,144 (on 27 October 2017)
• Details of the notification: - (no details required when downward crossing the lowest threshold)
• Chain of controlled undertakings through which the holding is effectively being held: C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Co KG controls BIR&D Beteiligungs GmbH. C.H. Boehringer Sohn AG & Co KG is not controlled
• Additional information: Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH has been replaced by BIR&D Beteiligungs GmbH as a result of a group internal reallocation
More information is provided in the transparency notification. Full versions of the transparency notifications are available on Ablynx website, under the section Investors.
The Articles of the Association of Ablynx NV provide for shareholders notification threshold of 3%, 5% or a multiple of 5% of the total number of existing voting rights.
Ablynx is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of Nanobodies, proprietary therapeutic proteins based on single-domain antibody fragments, which combine the advantages of conventional antibody drugs with some of the features of small-molecule drugs. Ablynx is dedicated to creating new medicines which will make a real difference to society. Today, the Company has more than 45 proprietary and partnered programmes in development in various therapeutic areas including inflammation, haematology, immuno-oncology, oncology and respiratory disease. The Company has collaborations with multiple pharmaceutical companies including AbbVie; Boehringer Ingelheim; Eddingpharm; Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA; Merck KGaA; Novartis; Novo Nordisk; Sanofi and Taisho Pharmaceuticals. The Company is headquartered in Ghent, Belgium. More information can be found on www.ablynx.com.